Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Financial Analyst in the TFG - Financial Risk Management group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide operational support for interest rate swaps CFC’s derivatives portfolio. This position will also facilitate periodic market valuations, daily loan model pricing and macro-economic and financial industry research to support the Financial Risk Management group.
As a Financial Analyst, you will:
• Reconcile derivative interest payments with counter parties, manage necessary trade documentation and process transactions in the derivative system.
• Coordinate and prepare the monthly and quarterly derivative valuation reports and provide support for the execution of derivative transactions.
• Provide requested information to support derivative related audit and SOX compliance requests from internal and external auditors.
• Support the corporate daily loan rate setting process.
• Provide analysis and commentary on current financial market developments. (e.g. LIBOR)
• Assist in the production, review and organization of the quarterly ALCO report.
To be successful, you will need:
• Strong financial research skills.
• Strong academic knowledge of financial principles and an effective ability to apply this knowledge.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong financial reporting and analysis skills.
• Intermediate MS Office skills.
• Basic spreadsheet modeling capabilities.
• Basic understanding and ability to use the Bloomberg Terminal.
• Acute attention to detail.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Analyst.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.