To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1574 W. Broadway
- Heather King
- Phone: 920-965-1600
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Instead Senior Care • Madison, WI
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The General Manager (GM) is a dynamic, multi-faceted position responsible for meeting sales growth objectives and profitability goals. The GM leads their franchise as the Sales Manager, HR Manager and Operations Manager while leveraging business and case management skills and Corporate and Franchise support. The GM achieves this by building and retaining their Sales and Marketing Team, Administrative Team and CAREGiver workforce and by providing day-to-day leadership and support. Additionally, the GM is responsible for integrating and modeling our core value and purpose.
- Develop annual sales targets and coach the Sales and Marketing Team to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Create the vision, help them believe, execute the plan
- Build the administrative franchise team (recruit, hire, train, coach, develop staff) with the best talent for each role
- Lead and hold the Branch team accountable for individual role metrics
- Manage expenses within defined budget categories (recruiting expenses, administrative expenses, overtime expenses)
- Ensure performance in all functional areas of the business are at or above objectives by:
- Monitoring and managing team performance against processes, metrics, auditing key processes
- Having a working knowledge of all functional areas of the businesses and key processes
- Ensure the office is able to operate and perform all required tasks during regular business hours by:
- Managing administrative staff vacation and time off
- Planning for coverage when there are gaps in coverage for any key roles
- Ability to step into any functional area of the business as needed
- Assess staff members through daily check-in’s, quarterly discussions, mid-/year-end performance evaluations. Take corrective action on performance issues, celebrate successes and set goals for upcoming periods.
- Manage Client Quality Assurance process, including in-home needs assessment over time; Client Case Management to include engaging family members/guardians in discussions about increasing care needs due to cognitive or physical changes.
- Interface with physicians, hospital and facility staffing to ensure Quality Assurance process is understood, creating credibility for Home Instead’s ability to deliver transitional discharge and ongoing home care.
- Oversee CAREGiver retention process and engagement as needed to ensure job competency and performance levels with clients are high; additional or specialized training needs are met. Support Recruiting & Engagement Manager, ensuring execution of a regular process for evaluating CAREGivers, taking corrective actions, or creating support plans as needed.
- Motivate and support employees to create a dedicated, engaged, passionate, cohesive work team
- Adhere to, and implement, all company policies and procedures
- Take appropriate action to ensure that the company complies with all applicable laws and regulations
- Work closely with the company President to determine improvement opportunities for operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in process preparation, best practices, competitor and/or market information along with forecasting and planning
- Participate in offsite strategic planning meetings with the leadership team
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or commensurate experience
- Solid business management skills, including P&L responsibility
- Define appropriate care plans for higher needs Client’s, identifying CAREGiver staffing skills required
- Proven results as a sales-minded leader, motivated by profitable sales growth
- Able to build strong relationships, based on a consultative approach
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, and getting work done effectively through teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to shift gears at any moment in the day
- Organized and works with a sense of urgency
- Willing to implement and follow standard processes and procedures