Our Indianapolis, IN office (located in the Salesforce Tower in the center of downtown) has the opportunity for a Temporary Recruiting Assistant to join the firm’s Recruiting & Retention department. On a day-to-day basis, the Temporary Recruiting Assistant will work under the direction of Director of Recruiting & Retention. Under supervision, the candidate will support the delivery of quality administrative assistance to the recruiting team. The candidate will perform crucial administrative tasks such as posting jobs, uploading resumes into our applicant tracking system, reference checks, and other miscellaneous duties relating to recruiting. The Temporary Recruiting Assistant will be working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment and will have the opportunity to learn more about the recruiting process as a whole.
Office Perks: Fun Recruiting & Retention department team events include: summer and winter outings, team celebrations, potlucks and birthday lunches. Fun office events include: monthly office happy hours, chili cook-offs, summer office outing, staff appreciation day, and many more! Additional perks offered are free parking in a covered parking garage connected to the Salesforce Tower and casual Fridays.
· Post jobs to Ogletree’s career page and miscellaneous job boards.
· Upload resumes and candidate profiles to LawCruit (Applicant Tracking System).
· Assist Recruiting team with scheduling interviews.
· Complete reference checks.
· Sign up offices for On Campus Interviews (OCI) or Resume Collects.
· Calendar and assign OCI deadlines to Attorney Recruiter, the Director of Recruiting & Retention as well as the local office participants.
· Data entry and reporting.
· Create and send interview binders to attorneys attending OCIs.
· Reconcile and submit invoices to Accounts Payable for timely payment.
· Prepare Documents – Composes, scans, formats, prints and edits sometimes confidential and sensitive documents as assigned.
· Help prepare travel arrangements and corresponding shipments for the recruiting team.
· Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
· This is a full time position, the Temporary Recruiting Assistant will be expected to work onsite Monday – Friday at least 30 hours a week.
· Ideal candidate will have 1+ years of mid-level administrative support experience, a high school diploma or GED, and be working towards a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or community college.
· Experience or interest in HR or recruiting is a plus.
· Experience in the legal field is a plus.
· Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Document Management System, expense and billing systems.
· Candidates should possess strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills and enjoy working in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
· Prioritization Skills – recognizes time sensitivity of projects and works to complete those projects before others.
· Interpersonal Skills – focuses on case/task at hand. Maintains confidentiality.
· Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds to inquiries quickly with professionalism and tact. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for errors. Able to read and interpret information accurately and concisely.
· Pro-Active – Anticipates possible problems and or work and executes effectively with little supervision.
· Positive attitude.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through the APPLY NOW button on the top of the page.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to Megan Becker at URL blocked - click to apply with “Temporary Recruiting Assistant” in the subject line.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for eight consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2019, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Attention To Detail
Applicant Tracking Systems