Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Project Engineer for our projects located in Washington, DC and Northern VA.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the administration and documentation of a design-build project, on the owner’s side and providing day-to-day office functions including;
- Performing inspections and prepare documents for the entire project
- Preparing project records with details such as field progress, field conditions, equipment use, and corrective actions
- Maintaining of construction project records in accordance with procedures
- Interfacing with the Resident Engineer/CM and inspection staff on various facets of the project
- Attending project meetings, assist with the preparation of meeting reports, and prepare meeting minutes
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly progress reports
- Maintaining project logs
- Performing reviews of daily inspection reports and quality computations
- Corresponding with owner design and engineering teams and contractor
The qualifications for an Project Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with construction inspection and management on infrastructure construction projects
- Proficiency in project management software
- Understanding of policies, procedures, and Infrastructure’s Standard Construction Operating Procedures (SCOP’s)
- Prior VDOT or DDOT experience preferred
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple requests in a fast-paced environment
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Taking Meeting Minutes