To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2600 Seaboard Coastline Drive
Savannah, GA 31415
- Tim Fowler
- Phone: (781) 815-1138
- Phone:: (866) 473-9864
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Vacuum Truck Operator - CDL Required
Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC • Savannah, GA
Posted 1 month ago
The Vacuum Truck Operator must be able to work in compliance in the delivery of MER’s four core service lines (Emergency Response, Industrial and Marine Services, Facility Decontamination, and Site Remediation). Drivers must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Execution of field work encompassed in remediation and industrial maintenance projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Drive an average of 30% of the time as well as work onsite as part of a team. Depending on location, drivers may be asked to perform the duties of a Field Technician if business needs warrant it.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related and equipment-related MER paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver’s Logs, Pre and Post Vehicle Inspection and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and enforce project’s detailed scope-of-work to maintain strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Work safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions, involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Operate various vehicles safely, including but not limited to Vacuum Truck, Vacuum Trailer, Turbo-Vac, Roll-Off Truck and Hydro Vac.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience operating vacuum trucks (or similar equipment).
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- A valid Class “B” or “A” Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements is required.
- TWIC Preferred.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER and Confined Space Entry certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.