To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northeastern Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tax Reviewer - Auditor
Creative Financial Staffing • Northeastern Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Tax Reviewer to review tax returns and work as a Client Auditor.
- Review work papers and tax returns prepared by the Firm’s tax professionals for individuals (federal and multi-state tax returns), C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, estates, gift and non-profit entities.
- Prepare work papers and tax returns for individuals (federal and multi-state tax returns), C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, estates, gift and non-profits entities as directed.
- Use Word and/or Excel to document and support tax return review and tax return prep.
- Perform tax research where appropriate.
- Resolve or escalate complex tax issues as appropriate.
- Contact clients directly as warranted.
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Follow prescribed procedures, rules and laws while being mindful of ways to streamline and enhance processes and work flow.
- Prioritize work flow throughout the day.
- Maintain accurate time and expense records.
- Keep Manager informed of work in progress.
- Stay current on trends and economic developments.
- Complete Continuing Professional Education (CPE) on time as provided by the Firm.
- Be cognizant of business and networking opportunities to benefit the Firm.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- CPA or EA preferred – current and active
- 6+ years prior experience in public tax accounting as a preparer or reviewer
- Proficiency with tax preparation software such as Ultra Tax
- Proficiency with MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong accounting and analytical skills to enable effective decision-making
- Ability to deliver critical review with empathy and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Firm and client information
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients