Motor Coach Detailer/Cleaner/Assistant/Porter (Entry Level)
Pay: $9.75 - $10.25 / hour, depending on shift
SCHEDULE: This position operates within a 24/7 environment that may require applicants to workday, evening, and/or night shifts as well as holidays and weekends.
Do you like your vehicles spectacularly clean? We do too! We are looking to fill a multi-faceted role with the main function being a vehicle detailer or exterior & interior cleaner, along with some other Assistant, Cleaner & Porter level duties. Under general supervision, you will be performing various tasks including washing and detailing the exterior and cleaning and detailing the interior of vehicles, including but not limited to, motor coaches, vans, limousines and luggage trucks. Other tasks include cleaning buildings and offices, policing surrounding areas, picking up and dropping off parts and materials and checking and replenishing vehicle fluid levels.
Vehicle Detailer Duties:
· Move vehicles to and from parking areas and wash bays or racks. Drive vehicles thru vehicle wash racks and/or cleaning stations.
· Measure and mix water and cleanser solutions according to recommended proportions.
· Wash exterior of vehicles using water, cleansers, brushes, sponges, etc.
· Remove dust, grease, asphalt, concrete, etc. from exterior of vehicle using high-pressure washing equipment, or appropriate solvents.
· Polish trim using polish, wax or other compounds. Wax or polish painted surfaces with appropriate compounds.
· Check and replenish fluid levels in vehicles including oil and transmission fluid.
· Clean interior of vehicle including rest rooms, windows, trim, instrument panels, carpets, etc. using broom, cloth, mop, vacuum cleaner, whisk broom and appropriate cleansing materials.
· May be required to fumigate vehicles with gases or sprays as needed.
General Assistant/Cleaner/Porter Duties:
· Deliver inter-office messages, small equipment, parts, materials, supplies or other items between departments.
· Keep premises of office buildings, shops, parking lots and other areas in clean and orderly condition.
· May set up and tear down tables and chairs in offices and shops.
· Perform minor maintenance and repair functions on the buildings and grounds, including hanging cabinets or signs, repairing minor damage to buildings, etc.
· Remain watchful of property and surroundings, policing surrounding areas and reporting anything suspicious to superiors.
· May be required to perform other related duties as requested.
Education: No formal education required.
Experience: Six months of practical experience as a vehicle washer or detailer, general assistant or porter is preferred, but not required.
Skill at: Cleaning vehicles, office buildings and shops; checking vehicle fluid levels. Following written and verbal instructions.
Knowledge of: Use of cleaning equipment, supplies, materials, machines; and safe work practices.
Licenses: Valid Florida driver’s license with a good driving record that meets company standards.
Special Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles, especially motor coaches.
· Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles, especially motor coaches, for moving vehicles to and from parking areas and wash bays or racks.
· Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must also be able to perform operations with units such as ounces, pounds, cups, pints, quarts, and gallons for measuring and/or mixing of cleansers, solvents, etc.
· Must be able to read and comprehend safety rules, warning labels and instructions in the safe use and handling of cleansers, solvents, chemicals or other shop materials, tools, equipment or supplies.
· Must be able to use hand tools and/or special devices to work or move objects or materials.
MDS708 (Revised 12/28/2020)