To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Western NY, PA
- Mark Lynch
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT ERP Project & Programming Manager
TxMQ, Inc. • Western NY, PA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, an expanding manufacturer in Western NY State, is searching for a Manager for Applications Programming and Project Management to join their growing Information Technology. The candidate must have ERP implementation and IBM i Operating Systems experience.
This position oversees the application design, construction / configuration, data conversion, launch, training and implementation of the corporation’s ERP and related systems. Acts as an applications expert and works across the organization to define, implement and train end users on systems configuration and use.
- Manage suppliers, developers, quality assurance, production support, lead users and implementation teams to provide technical direction on systems analysis, configuration, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures.
- Facilitate code reviews, software design sessions, and architectural reviews.
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required.
- Interact with internal customers and outside software/service vendors at the technical level, as required.
- Ensure effective ongoing troubleshooting and support by programming team you are responsible for leading.
- Supervise / Lead team members including Program Analyst, IT Team Leader, Web Developer, as well as part time and contract personnel.
- Required to understand and communicate in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent – ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or Supply Chain.
- Five years of experience and advanced understanding of ERP system usage and implementation. Infor XA – MAPICS - ERP applications in a manufacturing environment, a plus.
- RPG development skills and extensive experience in the IBM i environment.
- Two to five years of experience on multiple platforms: IBM Power Systems, Web Servers, and Windows Servers.
- Two to five years of experience as a technical project manager or project leader in an IBM i environment.
- Experience in multiple applications; Web Services, API, XML, SQL, Visual Basic, DB2, Java, DNN, Cognos, or Birst.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Business Application systems (ERP) and terminology in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Strong competency in Project Management, Team Leadership, Problem Solving/Analysis, Results orientation, written and verbal communication, technical capacities, collaboration, and budgetary / fiscal awareness and responsibility.
- Travel 10%
- US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Local candidates to Western NY region are highly preferred