This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, industry leading Construction Company that offers great growth potential and a rewarding career. In this position, you will be responsible for leading the preparation of complete estimates/ proposals in addition to identifying opportunities for risk.
This company is looking to invest in you and give you a place to develop your full potential. You need to be a self-motivated and internally driven individual with a long term commitment to yourself and this company. In return, they will invest and develop you so you can build a career, and not just have a job. Please submit your resume, your list of representative projects, and success rate on bidding to demonstrate requisite experience.
- Project and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
- Experience with analyzing plans & specification and provide material take-offs
- Lead the preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and the development of clear written proposals and correspondence
- Prepares and summarizes task and sub task estimates, including rate and unit cost determination
- Ability to budget and negotiate with subcontractors.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Reviewing specifications and drawings to determine the content to estimate.
- Preparing cost estimates by calculating take off.
- Create detailed cost estimate base on project scope
- Prepare scope of work for sub-contractors
Negotiate prices with vendors/sub-contractors using quotations for materials /services
Coordinate with the Owners, project managers and supervisors to provide engineering and cost data
Prepare change orders and RFI's.
Maintain all files of all working documents as back up for estimating data base.
Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
- Great interpersonal skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills are vital.
- A stable career history is vital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Above average proficiency in using estimating and scheduling software as well as financial spreadsheets is expected.
- Minimum of 10 years estimating experience in commercial construction.
- Construction Management, Engineering or Business related degree required.
- Knowledge of the New Jersey and New York construction market with projects ranging from $1M - $10M.
- Must have knowledge of New Jersey Public Works construction.