David A. Nice Builders, Inc. is a nationally recognized builder of high-end retail stores and local ground-up commercial projects throughout Hampton Roads, VA. We are growing and are in search of results-driven Commercial Project Manager . Projects will be managed from our main office in Williamsburg VA. We are looking for a local candidate or one that is able to quickly relocate to Williamsburg, VA. We request that you thoroughly investigate the area and that you are fully prepared to immediately move to the area before applying for this position. TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE PROVIDE A PROJECT LIST FOR OUR REVIEW. WE WILL ALSO NEED YOU TO SEND REFERENCES WITH YOUR APPLICATION. THESE REFERENCES MUST INCLUDE FORMER EMPLOYERS, CLIENTS AND SUPERINTENDENTS THAT WORKED FOR YOU.
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage all aspects of commercial construction projects from pre-construction to project close-out
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Assist with and help create job cost estimates
- Buyout and hiring of subcontractors to include the defining of each trade scope for specific projects
- Manage project teams including Project Management Assistants, Site Superintendents and Subcontractors
- Manage utilization of labor, material and other resources across the project and the project budget completely
- Maximize team effectiveness to ensure schedule and budget are maintained and/or exceeded
- Oversee and manage expediting schedules, quality control and value engineering
- Set and maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, company values and quality
- Ability to recognize and solve problems by taking immediate action
PROJECT MANAGER , candidates must possess:
- Extensive knowledge of Construction practices to include thorough knowledge of blueprints
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at one time
- A highly driven, self-motivator
- Commercial construction experience
David A. Nice Builders offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, life, disability insurance, and 401K. A drug test is required.
If you are interested in joining our team, submit your resume, current retail project list and references.
David A. Nice Builders, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State or local laws.