It is the Company's intention to provide enough information to all applicants and employees regarding the actual job duties (both physical and mental) of each position so individuals can decide if they are qualified to adequately perform such tasks. Due to the vast number of tasks that may be assigned to each position, the following list is the Company's attempt to summarize the kinds of duties it has identified as "essential" for those holding this position.
- Ask customers if they are interested in purchasing additional items (suggestive "plus" selling)
- Be friendly and helpful to customers, vendors, and co-workers
- Follow Company policies, as well as State and Federal laws
- Work alone or with others
- Work with minimum direction and follow instructions given by supervisor(s)
PHYSICAL ABILITY - THE EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
- Be exposed to cold or hot temperature extremes in the walk-in cooler, freezer and/or outdoors
- Bend at waist with some twisting during the workday
- Clean interior/exterior areas (trash disposal, bathrooms, spills, etc.)
- Grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands continuously throughout the day. (This requires eye-hand coordination, and may occasionally require climbing a ladder to store/retrieve materials or place/remove signs)
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (to replenish fountain syrups, ice, etc.)
- Routinely lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (stocking/maintaining inventory levels on the shelves, in the cooler and freezer, etc.)
- Push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (utilizing a hand-truck, sweep and mop the floors, etc.)
- Stand, stoop and/or walk for an entire shift
- Accurately completes daily paperwork, knows the gasoline pricing strategy for the store and changes gasoline prices correctly, receives and verifies vendor deliveries, etc.
- Provides training assistance to new Customer Service Representatives
- Assumes Store Manager Responsibilities when needed
- Properly ring up all sales on a cash register, accurately count back change, handle money, checks, and other types of payment received for products sold
OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT:
- Efficiently perform multi-function operations of all store equipment (fuel pumps, measure fuel tank levels, etc.)
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe shopping experience
- Follow Company Loss Prevention and Safety Procedures, such as the 5 minute "incident notification" rule, and wearing suitable clothing for safety purposes, etc.
THE ABOVE DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY THOSE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF THIS POSITION.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without consent or advance notice to employees.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
- Food Service Experience a plus
- Capable of being at work as scheduled to relieve prior shift employees
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from the store
- Supervise, train and perform all duties and use of equipment of the CSR and Lead CSR positions
Maximize Sale Potential
Achieving Budgeted Sales