To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
- Dave Catlin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Labcyte Inc. • San Jose, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We currently have an opening for a Contract Manufacturing Technician who will be responsible for manufacturing, testing, and troubleshooting Labcyte’s line of liquid-handling instruments and automated platforms.
The ideal candidate has been involved from the ground up with instrument manufacturing in a production environment with high consistency and quality. They will be expected to participate at a relatively high level to make our manufacturing process as efficient as possible.
- Manufacture, align, test and troubleshoot subassemblies and final assemblies that meet product specifications
- Utilize test methodologies and requisite equipment to ensure in-process and outgoing quality metrics
- Implement improvements in product cost, production efficiency, and product quality
- Other manufacturing and shipping tasks as required
Education, skills and experience:
- Experience with linear motion and drive systems, precision mechanisms, fluid control, chassis and cable routing required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in manufacturing capital equipment required
- Skilled in building and troubleshooting computer-controlled electro-mechanical assemblies and systems (preferably laboratory equipment) required Skilled with basic hand and power tools (e.g. soldering iron, drill and taps, DVM, static straps, torque drivers, crimpers, pin extractors)
- Associates degree in a technical discipline
- Must be comfortable working around RF and lasers
- Effective and analytical problem solving skills
- Skilled with interpretation of drawings, procedures, specifications, etc.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills
- Experience using all MS Office products
- Experience manipulating computer configuration and database files
- Must be able to work for extended periods on their feet, and lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Must be capable of lifting and locating components and devices up to 50 pounds from a crate on the floor to a table up to 6 feet away at waist height and from waist height to shoulder height.
- Must be capable of assembling and disassembling small to medium assemblies and cables while standing on an elevated surface 3’ above the ground.
- Familiarity with liquid handling a plus Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies. Labcyte, Inc. is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO employer/Vet/Disabled.