• Direct and effectuate CCH and Hektoen management policies and practices
• Conducts case investigations and interviews individuals testing positive for COVID-19.
• Educates individuals and their household contacts with approved, pre-drafted information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
• Collects information on all household/close contacts to monitor for illness.
• Collects and records demographic information, symptoms, and needs into the web-based data system with accuracy.
• Assigns contacts to COVID-19 Contact Tracers on their team to conduct contact tracing.
• Reviews assigned cases daily including contact tracing and notification outcomes and employer notification outcomes.
• Coordinates the team’s schedules and provide daily remote supervision and troubleshooting
• Assists in training COVID-19 Contact Tracers.
• Escalate issues from the team to COVID-19 Case Investigator Supervisor for further resolution as necessary.
• Tracks daily and weekly progress of the team including number of cases investigated, contacts tracked, and numbers referred to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social service assessment.
• Communicates daily directly with the COVID-19 Case Investigator Supervisor for case distribution and follow up including forwarding cases needing reassignment to appropriate persons in other jurisdictions.
• Conducts notification to employers regarding employees who test positive for COVID-19 Education.
• Visits may be required in person on occasion to complete the interviews and referrals.
• Communicates with cases and staff in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
• Participates in on-going technical and professional development trainings to strengthen skills throughout the project period to enhance the program’s effectiveness.
• Completes any other relevant documentation for the initiative to assess individual, program components or initiative needs and progress.
• Handles and maintains confidential information with discretion and professionalism and completes HIPAA training requirement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the COVID-19 Case Investigator Supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Bilingual, written and spoken (Spanish), assessed prior to hire.
• Prior experience as lead and/or supervisor
• Experience and knowledge working with diverse communities and underserved populations
• Basic computer skills and experience including data entry
• Must wear personal protective equipment as required
• Familiar with the geographical region in order to perform contract tracing in suburban Cook County
• Must be able to work flexible hours outside of a usual day shift schedule that may include evenings and weekends
• Position may require moderate travel for which the employee must have a valid driver’s license/insured vehicle or other equivalent means of transportation for work
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, community health or related field from an accredited college or university
• Experience working in healthcare or public health initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
• Ability to work collaboratively and remotely
• Strong supervisory skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and precision
• Skill and ability to use computer equipment, software programs, and perform data entry. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
• Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and assist with identifying solutions to problems identified
Physical and Environmental Demands
This position is functioning within a healthcare environment. The incumbent is responsible for adherence to all hospital and department specific safety requirements. This includes but is not limited to the following policies and procedures: complying with Personal Protective Equipment requirements, hand washing and sanitizing practices, complying with department specific engineering and work practice controls and any other work area safety precautions as specified by hospital wide policy and departmental procedures.