To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
IT Business Analyst – Merchandising
Open Systems Technologies • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our business continues to grow and evolve as we streamline operations. In order to ensure clarity for the best path forward we are seeking highly motivated Business Analysts. We are eager to add individuals to our team that are interested in accepting this challenge and helping us continue to build the United States’ largest retailer.
The Business Analyst must have a solid understanding of their assigned functional areas’ systems, processes, operating challenges and goals. With this understanding, the Business Analyst partners with his or her functional counterparts to align technology and/or process solutions with the strategies and objectives of the business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities - Primary responsibilities
- Drive for clarity to deliver the most effective business solutions
- Create business requirements through interviews, workshops, surveys, and document analysis
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true requirements
- Document current and future processes using flow charts, swim lanes and other diagrams
- Validate findings and obtain approval from key stakeholders
- Assist Project Managers with project charters, project estimates, project plans, and business impact analyses
- Partner with internal and external development resources to ensure solutions meet business requirements
- Support QA teams with test planning and execution
- Partner with training teams to ensure effective roll outs
- Troubleshoot issues during project deployments
Partner with the business to understand processes, systems, challenges and goals
- Serve as a subject matter expert for assigned business function(s)
- Partner with the business to identify business needs, problems and opportunities
- Identify solutions (process or systems) that meet the business needs
- Analyze pros and cons of various alternatives; present options to executives
- Document business case to justify the investment necessary to deliver the solution
Support a culture of continuous learning
- Develop and champion IT project processes and procedures
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional associations and establishing personal networks
- Contribute to overall team effort by supporting other work not described here as required
- Bachelors in business, computer science, MIS or other four-year related degree
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS Visio
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst or similar
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Retail or consumer products experience
- Oracle Retek or Merchandising experience a plus
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- High attention to detail
- Self starter with sense of urgency
- Enjoys fast paced environments