To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9201 Bunsen Parkway
Louisville, KY 40220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance • Louisville, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for managing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes. Provides an independent and objective assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Company’s operations, specifically the internal control structure.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute risk based audit plans that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate test methodologies.
- Document and obtain an understanding of financial, operational and system processes to identify significant risks and controls
- Provide regular reports to the Audit Committee regarding internal controls, significant audit recommendations and investigations into fraudulent activity
- Stay aware of company level strategic plans, special projects and ERM initiatives to ensure internal audit plans are appropriately aligned and integrated
- Coordinate and oversee Model Audit Rule compliance
- Assist with the annual external audit of the financial statements
- Assist with external audits or examinations conducted by the Internal Revenue Service, Kentucky Department of Insurance, and the Federal Government
- Collaborate with external auditors throughout the year regarding audit matters
- Investigate allegations of financial fraud
- Review the implementation of new systems and procedures to help ensure adequate internal controls
- Remain current on accounting, auditing, and insurance industry issues, trends and developments
- Develop relationships within the Company, specifically with process owners, to ensure a partnership between the business and internal audit
- Identify areas where efficiencies can be gained through the review of processes and controls
- Regular, predictable attendance
- This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Physical demands: Normal vision/hearing with or without correction Communication – reading, writing, speaking, listening, able to drive a motor vehicle, sitting
- Mental demands: Analytical reasoning, prolonged concentration, time pressure.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature, and noise
- Equipment: Computer/computer software; Telephone
- Bachelor’s degree in business related area (Accounting, Finance, Insurance, Information Systems) required
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFIRS) preferred
- 5 years of financial or internal audit experience
- Experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls
- Strong accounting, auditing and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to act in a confidential manner