Accounts Payable Specialist
About the Company & Opportunity
Our client is a leading manufacturing company seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. Our client boasts a team oriented environment, with open communication between teams and levels.
- Given the necessary tools and training to succeed within the position
- Additional learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Understanding the importance of work-life balance
- Cross-department training
Job Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payments and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This will involve, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records, while also providing clerical and administrative support as needed.
- Check and approve all vouchers for payment
- Enter all accounts payable invoices that are schedule to be paid into the system
- Answer all vendor inquiries
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files
- Assist with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary
We are looking for an objective Accounts Payable Specialist who combines a solid understanding of basic general accounting with a focus in accounts payable principles, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for this Accounts Payable position include:
- Accounts Payable experience
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel knowledge - pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, formatting, etc.
- Solid computer and data entry skills
Keywords: accounts payable, AP clerk, accounting, AP specialist, accounts payable clerk, accounts payable manager, AP manager