Under the direction of Tribal Finance Management, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the Tribal general ledger and supporting schedules and reconciliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in determining necessary monthly journal entries and maintains transactions in the General Ledger.
- Prepares Balance Sheet account reconciliation and supporting schedules for month end closings.
- Records various transactions, such as deposits, wires and transfers between accounts and financial institutions as needed.
- Reconciles various bank accounts.
- Analyzing information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Assists Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager and/or Controller with bookkeeping and maintenance of financial records.
- Maintains full general ledger maintenance and financial reporting for other entities.
- Tracks rental income generated through subsidiary properties.
- Accumulate and record all travel related transactions.
- Assists other finance sub-departments as directed.
- Assists with additional analysis as needed.
- Assists with internal and external audits as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in accounting or business administration required.
- Minimum of two (2) to four years’ related experience and/or training required.
- Experience with ERP system Infor is preferred.
- Proficiency in computerized financial systems and Microsoft (Word, Power Point and Outlook) is required.
- Familiarity and experience with general office equipment, including but not limited to 10-key calculator by touch, computer spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively respond to inquiries from vendors, managers, and employees.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to undergo and successfully pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background investigation, and credit check.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!