Blossom Ridge is looking for a Full-Time Physical Therapist to join our Home Health team in Sacramento.
$3,000-$5,000 Sign on Bonus DOE
Job Summary: Provide skilled therapy intervention and treatment to patients in a home setting. Including, appropriate utilization of treatment plans and assessment skills. Monitor carefully the patient status and progress toward goals as well as compliance with physician’s orders. Responsible for educating patients and caregivers while preparing the patient/caregiver for discharge as appropriate.
1. A person who is licensed by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee of the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Provide skilled physical therapy in accordance with the physician’s plan of treatment. *
2. Assist the physician in the evaluation and assessment of the client’s level of functioning by applying appropriate tests and assist in the development and revision of the plan of care. *
3. Treat clients to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy plan of care. *
4. Observe, record, and report the client’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the client’s condition to the physician, Director of Patient Care Services and Case Manager. *
5. Educate client/caregiver and health care team in the phases of physical therapy in which they may assist the client, in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices, and durable medical equipment, as appropriate. *
6. Provide staff in-service education as directed by DPCS.
7. Assess and regularly reevaluate the needs of the client. Develops implements and revises the client’s plan of care. *
8. Initiate diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the client’s care safety. *
9. Assist with plan of care and maintain continuity of and/or multidisciplinary clients whenever needed to ensure good coordination of care. Promote coordination of care through interdisciplinary case conferences and communication with physician and field staff. *
10. Develop, prepares and maintains individualized client care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to agency policy and procedures.
11. Participate in the agency’s quality improvement program. *
12. Keep abreast of physical trends and knowledge for service provision, documentation and care coordination.
13.Participate in staff meetings, in-service programs and Utilization reviews. *
14.Supervise the Physical Therapist Assistant at least every 30 days.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.