To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1755 North Clayton Drive
Columbia, TN 38401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Blanking Press Operator
Samuel, Son & Co., Limited • Columbia, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
The Blanking Press Operator will operate mechanical and/or hydraulic presses to produce metal blanks as specified by the Customer and as detailed on the in-process check-sheet. The Operator is responsible for ensuring each member of the crew is performing their assigned tasks in accordance to the appropriate Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors machine operation ensuring blanks feed properly and machine operates safely.
- Maintains production board and completes all other related paperwork in accurate and neat manner.
- Arranges for material to be delivered to the line as required
- Confirms correct material is loaded onto the press line un-coiler.
- Follows set-up steps as described in production set-up information and QDC procedures.
- Performs First-off and Last-off conformance checks ensuring parts meet customer specifications.
- Performs Quality checks as per in process check sheets.
- Responsible for the safe & efficient operation of press line and all personnel.
- Ensures packaging meets customer specifications.
- Ensures proper tagging of finished parts and transfer to finished goods area.
- Leads team ensuring changeovers are done in an efficient manner with minimal downtime.
- Affixes Green OK to Ship tags once material has met all customer specifications, as required.
- Provides support to the continuous improvement efforts of the company, in order to improve performance of assigned jobs and remain competitive in the market place.
- Proven competent to operate a forklift and crane as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 3 years of experience as a metal press operator in automotive blanking
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer