To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Susan Goshen
- Phone: (714) 361-6846
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Remote Medical Coder- Hospital Inpatient
Navigant • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
The Remote Medical Coder- Inpatient (Acute Care) will review clinical documentation as appropriate to extract data and apply ICD-9-CM or ICD-10-CM/PCS diagnostic and procedural codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research and regulatory compliance. Will code inpatient types (i.e. commercials, introduction and training for Medicare, deaths, rehabilitative medicine admissions/discharges and interim bills according to the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting while ensuring the highest level of confidentiality, excellent service, accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews and evaluates clinical documentation to identify diagnosis, treatments operative procedures, therapies, etc. in the paper medical record, IMPACT, Horizon and other clinical applications; assigns and sequences ICD-9-CM or ICD-10-CM/PCS diagnostic and procedural codes in the Quantim encoder identifying the principal diagnosis, principal procedure, secondary procedures and complications and co-morbidities to obtain the appropriate MS-DRG for billing. Identifies surgeon for each procedure and enters correct data for same.
- Performs concurrent coding for interim billing.
- Refers the medical record for clinical review such as CDMP review, death review, HAC review, physician query review, broken accounts, excision debridement and/or other categories as requested by management.
- Works incomplete accounts and notifies supervisor of any changes that are delaying the billing of the account.
- Maintains current knowledge of coding and reimbursement guidelines and abides by the standards of ethical coding as defined by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality of all information encountered including verbal, written and computerized. Reports to manager any failure by anyone to protect confidential information
- Keyboarding proficiency.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
For questions, please contact Susan Goshen at (714) 361-6846.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited Health Information Technology or School of Nursing program.
- Minimum Two (2) years inpatient coding experience
- RHIT or RHIA or CCS
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
Navigant Cymetrix is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.