Behavioral Health Registered Nurse // Pay Per Visit // PRN
Provide skilled nursing care to the mentally/emotionally comprised patient in their homes, works in team relationship with the professional nursing staff and others and carries assigned responsibilities. Works under the Supervisor of Clinical Services and/or Director/Supervisor of Behavioral Health.
1. Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current Mental Health nursing practice. Demonstrates proficiency in the mental status assessment, knowledge and understanding of various DSM IV diagnosis and treatment, behavioral approaches and proper use of psychiatric tools and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the concept of team nursing and constructive leadership.
3. Knowledge of the use of community resources.
4. Ability to make meaningful observations, evaluations and reports.
5. Ability to accept and constructively utilize supervision.
6. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
7. Ability to provide skilled nursing care based on specific principles, basic behavioral concepts and intelligent professional judgment.
8. Ability to recognize when there is a need for a judgment and flexibility in nursing care functions so as to maintain quality nursing care in all types of situations.
9. Ability to exercise leadership coupled with tolerance and understanding as well as with appreciation and respect for the special abilities and skills of others.
10. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Possession of a current Texas license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
11. Must perform all duties as required by the Supervisor/Program Director or his/her designee.
A. Must have the ability of getting in to and out of a vehicle 10 – 15 times a day.
B. Normal range of vision is required with or without correction.
C. Normal range of hearing is required with or without correction.
D. Must have the ability to speak clearly.
E. Must have the ability to sit in a vertical prolonged periods of time.
F. Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and/or transfer a patient.
Medication Therapy Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Currently based in Dallas, Texas, Jordan Health Services was established in 1975 in Mt Vernon, Texas to deliver compassionate and comprehensive health care in the home. Today, Jordan serves well over 33,000 patients across Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texarkana, Arkansas. Our continuum of care includes personal care services, home management, pediatric services, skilled care and hospice.
View the full profile
Jordan accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance as reimbursement for services and accepts patients for care regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital or veteran status, disability or medical condition, gender or age, or any other category protected by law, or decisions regarding Advanced Directives.