To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Class A CDL Driver
Altom Transport, Inc • Chicago, IL
Posted 6 days ago
You must apply through our Website:
alwarrenoil.com for an interview and to run your MVR
Need Class A drivers with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
Looking for a LOCAL driving position and frequent trips from Chicago to our Indianapolis terminal. This position is perfect for a mechanically-minded individual!!!! Some technician experience a PLUS.
CDL Driver Responsibilities:
• Hours determined by manager, as will be discussed in an interview
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Secure new equipment for transport
• Secure parts and tools for transport and assembly
• Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/ or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
CDL Driver Requirements:
• CDL Driver must have clean MVR & Criminal Background
• At least 23 years of age
• Class A CDL w/Hazmat & Tanker Endorsements
• TWIC Card (Must apply for before starting if do not already have)
• CDL Driver must pass Pre-employment drug screen, DOT Physical and Strength Test.
• CDL Driver will be required to take and pass a road test.
• If you are coming out of an accredited driving school you do not need a year's worth of tanker experience. You will gain it through on the job training. We only require that you have at least a year of CDL driving.
• If you are not coming out of an accredited driving school we require that you at least have 1 year of tanker experience and 1 year CDL driving experience.
• Health Insurance Benefits (Blue Cross Blue Shield) Vision & Dental after 6months
• 401K Plan with company matching vested from DAY ONE
• Disability & Life Insurance Programs
• $22hr to start; raise to $23 after 6 months (incrementally after 1st yr)
• Safety Incentive
• Time and a half after 40hrs
• Structured Tier pay scale out to 3 years
• Paid Holiday's
• Company provided uniforms
Since 1948, Al Warren Oil has faithfully served a growing roster of Fortune 500 companies and Single-load customers alike. We're a 3rd-generation family owned and operated company with a vested interest in the success of our clients and their partners. We are a highly competitive tanker hauling business.