To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
931 Industrial Drive
Matthews, NC 28105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer/Designer
Perigon International, Inc. • Matthews, NC
Posted 18 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The ideal candidate will have experience in a consulting engineering firm environment and a background in industrial (chemicals and manufacturing) design. The candidate will have proficiency with Instrumentation and control systems design. This include Instrument selection and specification, PLC/DCS conceptual and schematic design plus programming and graphic development. The candidate will be experienced in working with clients, vendors and other engineers to design, specify and consult on Instrument and control systems. The candidate will have project coordination responsibilities and will have experience working in industrial plant environments.
- Responsibility for engineering, design, schedule, budget, quality and final customer acceptance of the Instrumentation and Control scopes for projects ranging from multi-discipline engineering efforts to single discipline projects.
- Development of specifications for process instruments
- Development of control system panel fabrication and layout drawings.
- Development of system and I/O schematic drawings
- Field work to verify existing conditions.
- Control Programming of various control systems including Rockwell Automation, Siemens and Emerson
- HMI Graphic development on various platforms including Rockwell Automation.
- Construction support including review and input on equipment submittals
- Startup support services at the Client site.
- BS Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited university. Associate in EET with 10+ years of experience accepted in lieu of BS degree.
- PE License desired but not required
- 5-10 years of relevant design experience with projects in the chemical and industrial/manufacturing sectors.
- Proficiency in preparing electrical construction drawings and instrument specifications.
- Proficiency with NFPA codes with emphasis on NFPA 70 (NEC)
- Proficiency with design of control systems in plant with Hazardous electrical classifications
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with installation methods and materials of construction in a chemical process plant environment.
- Experience with electrical project execution on multi-discipline projects.