To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10321 Greenleaf Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Maxon Lift Corp. • Santa Fe Springs, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Maxon, North America's #1 privately held liftgate company and a worldwide manufacturing leader of hydraulic liftgates for the transportation industry has an immediate opening for a - Staff Accountant located in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Maxon Lift Corp., is dedicated to providing products and services that meet or exceed the highest standards in our industry in order to continue to enjoy our leadership position. This can only be accomplished by our hard work, loyalty and the integrity to carry out the tasks outlined to the best of our abilities.
Maxon is currently seeking a motivated, energetic Staff Account who communicates well and is ready for an exciting opportunity to develop business and be successful.
Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Staff Accountant role. Applicant will assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the accounting records; performs routine to moderately complex accounting activities; assignments are well defined.
Maintains accurate accounting records performing moderately complex accounting activities. Provides input to enhance accounting systems and procedures. Working knowledge and application of accounting principles, policies and procedures
May handle complex accounting activities. Monitors accounting systems and procedures for efficiencies and recommends changes.
Under general supervision, prepares and maintains ledger accounts, income and balance sheet statements including consolidated statements. Prepares financial and regulatory reports. May perform a variety of analysis or projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation and review of financial reports including the consolidated balance sheet, statement of income, statement of cash flows.
- Reviews data contained in the general ledger, sub-ledgers and other financial systems to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of recorded financial transactions.
- Prepares entries in the financial reporting system, ensuring timely and accurate resolution of any accounting problems.
- Gathers and reviews financial data for inclusion in the financial and regulatory reports including insurance and taxes; reviews for completeness and compliance with regulatory requirements; prepares reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- May assist in providing and/or preparing schedules, explanatory materials and other data as required for external auditors.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills. Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interfaces regularly with all employees and vendors, which may include external auditors.
Communicates written and verbal.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
Independent decision-making is required within established guidelines.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of business and finance as typically gained through a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. The incumbent needs good organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills. Computer skills are required with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Project.
- Ability to apply generally accepted domestic (FASB, GAAP) in the preparation and maintenance of accounts, income and balance sheet statements.
- Ability to work in a multi-company environment.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation.
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger balances.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Handles complex accounting activities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently.
Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Maxon Lift Corp. offers competitive wages, growth opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume to Renee Loera at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], you may also fax to 562-696-6878. You may call for additional information at 562-464-4315.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.