The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), the world’s largest model aviation association has an opening for a Web Administrator. AMA headquarters, located in Muncie, Indiana, is a self-supporting, non-profit organization that’s purpose is to promote the development of model aviation as a recognized sport and worthwhile recreational activity.
The full job description can be found on the AMA's website or contacting the HR department. Cover letters and and resumes may also be submitted directly to the AMA HR department.
Essential job functions are:
- Upgrades web sites by consulting with vendors; develops, tests, evaluates, and installs enhancements and new software.
- Administers web projects; gathers requirements from internal staff; defines use cases; develops and tests solution; documents and trains staff on new procedures.
- Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishes and tests disaster recovery policies and procedures; completes website back-ups; maintains documentation.
- Writes, and formats web content using Drupal 7/8 to meet staff goals.
- Develops new ways for members to access their data within the Academy's association management system by consuming their web services via SOAP.
- Maintains existing connections to external vendors via their established APIs.
- Learns and understands the Academy's business rules and verifies that web systems implement those rules correctly.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies and participating in educational opportunities.
- Interfaces with internal or external clients to troubleshoot web problems, and answers or distributes web trouble tickets.
- Responsible for identifying risks that are associated with projects and communicating them to the appropriate people.
- Software installs for local and server machines as needed for business needs.
Qualified candidates should meeting the following:
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of Drupal CMS experience; site building experience; working with blocks, views and panels of Drupal to publish and produce content.
- Must have experience installing and upgrading Drupal modules.
- System Administration, technical understanding and management, provisioning, general programming skills, Internet technology knowledge and experience, virtual server administration, website design, hardware and software end user support.
- Dependability, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, proficient communication skills a must.
- Knowledge and experience with website tools and technologies; Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, PHP, SQL, VMWare, Drupal, WordPress, JSON, SOAP, jQuery, CSS, Bootstrap, HTML and SharePoint.
Php (Scripting Language)
Server (Computer Science)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)