The Junior Accountant supports the business by completing journal entries, reconciliations, preparing customer billing files, managing accounts payable and procurement management. The position works closely with various departments within the organization; Finance, A/R, Customer Service, Collections, as well as our external customers. To be successful in the role, this person needs to work well in a team environment, be collaborative, have great attention to detail, and a natural curiosity to dig into variances & investigate unusual activity.
- Supports cross-functional processes related to revenue and cost of sales by not only processing billings and invoices but understanding and monitoring the customer billings/revenue streams all the way to cash collection.
- Maintains support and completes month end data integrity checks, journal entries, and core account reconciliations.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable: coding of invoices with appropriate chart of accounts and manager approval, weekly check and EFT payment processing, creation and maintenance of vendor master file, manage procurement policy, expense management and establishment of process enhancements for accounts payable.
- Understanding of the various transaction types and the impact of those transactions on reported financial information.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to deliver data and analysis.
- Assists with ad-hoc data analysis requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals of the department.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience working with accounting & reporting systems and financial analysis
- Moderate understanding of financial analysis techniques
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Must be results oriented, innovative, adaptable, strong attention to detail, & capable of working independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build working relationships with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of internal controls
- Experience with ERP Systems such as Great Plains is preferred
- A desire to take on new projects and gain experience by jumping in with two feet
Standard Accounting Practices