· Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files, and requesting files.
· Maintain and review the calendar, meet deadlines, document actions, input information into the file database software, and draft documents related to cases.
· Interface with clients, claims adjusters, court clerks, and/or court reporters.
· Review, document, and distribute mail/faxes.
· Draft legal documents, standard letters, collect, and analyze information, schedule depositions, mediations, hearings, and/or conducting electronic filing.
· Other duties as assigned by management or as needed
· Type 45 wpm
· Minimum 3 years of experience in legal secretary and/or legal admin duties.
· Excellent computer skills, including ability to efficiently and quickly prepare and edit documents in Word, PDF, and Excel formats.
· Ability to conduct internet research independently.
· Excellent written and communication skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to follow through with assignments and keep attorneys apprised of case status.
· Ability to think quickly and analytically, manage multiple priorities under short deadlines and multi task.
· Ability to work in an often stressful environment while maintaining good interpersonal skills.
· Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
· Bilingual communication skills in English and Spanish preferred.