To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
125 Whipple Street
Providence, RI 02908
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Greysmith Companies • Providence, RI
Posted 1 month ago
Currently looking for a top-notch Medical Assistant to fill an opening with one of Rhode Island’s most well respected Healthcare Networks. Interested candidates should have at least 2 years of recent medical secretarial experience and strong Medical terminology knowledge and skills.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant
● Provide administrative support to the physician, or group of physicians.
● Coordinate daily activities of the physician’s office and ensures smooth functioning of the physician’s practice, while providing professional and caring service to patients.
● Perform general secretarial duties including answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, opening mail, and receiving patients and visitors, etc.
● Type patient correspondence, letters, and reports; and occasional preparation of slides and manuscripts for presentations and seminars.
● Prepare electronic billing information.
● Book procedures for patients, and discuss preparation and details of procedures with patients.
● Perform other clerical duties including filing, photocopying, ordering supplies, etc.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant
● Minimum recent 2 years of medical secretarial experience
● Medical terminology knowledge and skills
● Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EPIC, Eclinical Works or Caretracker )
● Thorough Knowledge of MS Excel is a plus
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
● Ability to work independently and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent record of attendance and punctuality