To assist in implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards, the HighScope curriculum and management of the classroom, including promoting social, physical, and intellectual growth and providing a safe, healthy environment that is developmentally, linguistically and culturally appropriate.
- Child Development Associate (CDA), minimum or AS in Early Childhood Education
- 3-5 years experience with pre-school age children and knowledge of early childhood development.
- Demonstrates a working level knowledge of early childhood developmentally-appropriate practices.
- Requires attention to detail; and good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer.
- Requires health and physical capability to work in a typical classroom environment including sitting on the floor or child-sized chairs, bending, running, climbing stairs and to lift children weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Requires access to reliable transportation.
- All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
- ****This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement****
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
Human Relations Movement
Licensed Master Social Worker