To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Success, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Data Analyst - Managed Care
IPRO • Lake Success, NY
Posted 13 days ago
The Data Analyst III assists with contract activities specifically related to External Quality Review (EQR) requirements including performance measure validation, performance improvement and data validation projects. S/he assists in the design of quality improvement studies, conducts quantitative and qualitative data analysis, compiles results, and writes reports. In addition, the Data Analyst III is responsible for the implementation of these activities and coordinates the resources needed. The Data Analyst III will also assist in performance measure development including the alignment of these measures with national standards, practice guidelines and/or published best practices. Reports for these studies may require small- and large-scale background research. This individual helps coordinate the design and acquisition of new software applications or databases to enhance department productivity and participates in departmental workgroups to improve the efficiency of review and analysis processes. He/she must also maintain close communication with the client and participating MCOs for the purposes of providing support and guidance towards the successful completion of these activities. The Data Analyst III plays a key role in coordinating IPRO-MCO workgroups to design quality improvement studies.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to clearly and thoroughly present quantitative and qualitative project findings to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare cogent analyses using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet, graphic and database programs.
- Ability to handle all stages in the full cycle of a research project.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and client deliverable.
- Ability to coordinate workgroups to design quality improvement studies and other health care studies.
- Ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in various software packages (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Experience with SAS, SPSS preferred.
- Ability to manage health care data, e.g., claims, encounters, health records.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical, research or health-related field, required. Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, public health or related social science with course work including both statistical and process analysis, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years external experience working in a health care field or equivalent experience in a Managed Care Department, required.
- Previous experience with a variety of software packages, particularly Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. SAS/SPSS experience preferred.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.