The Data Analyst III assists with contract activities specifically related to External Quality Review (EQR) requirements including performance measure validation, performance improvement and data validation projects. S/he assists in the design of quality improvement studies, conducts quantitative and qualitative data analysis, compiles results, and writes reports. In addition, the Data Analyst III is responsible for the implementation of these activities and coordinates the resources needed. The Data Analyst III will also assist in performance measure development including the alignment of these measures with national standards, practice guidelines and/or published best practices. Reports for these studies may require small- and large-scale background research. This individual helps coordinate the design and acquisition of new software applications or databases to enhance department productivity and participates in departmental workgroups to improve the efficiency of review and analysis processes. He/she must also maintain close communication with the client and participating MCOs for the purposes of providing support and guidance towards the successful completion of these activities. The Data Analyst III plays a key role in coordinating IPRO-MCO workgroups to design quality improvement studies.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to clearly and thoroughly present quantitative and qualitative project findings to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare cogent analyses using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet, graphic and database programs.
- Ability to handle all stages in the full cycle of a research project.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and client deliverable.
- Ability to coordinate workgroups to design quality improvement studies and other health care studies.
- Ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in various software packages (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Experience with SAS, SPSS preferred.
- Ability to manage health care data, e.g., claims, encounters, health records.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical, research or health-related field, required. Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, public health or related social science with course work including both statistical and process analysis, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years external experience working in a health care field or equivalent experience in a Managed Care Department, required.
- Previous experience with a variety of software packages, particularly Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. SAS/SPSS experience preferred.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19056
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
IPRO is a national organization providing a full spectrum of healthcare assessment and improvement services that foster more efficient use of resources and enhance healthcare quality to achieve better patient outcomes. Founded in 1984, IPRO is highly regarded for the independence of its approach, the depth of its knowledge and experience, and the integrity of its programs. IPRO holds contracts with federal, state and local government agencies, as well as private-sector clients, in more than 33 states and the District of Columbia. A national not-for-profit organization, IPRO is headquartered in Lake Success, NY and also has offices in Albany, NY, Hamden, CT, Camp Hill, PA, Morrisville, NC, Hamilton, NJ, San Francisco, CA.
View the full profile
IPRO’s staff of more than 400 professionals includes physicians, registered nurses, mental health professionals, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, data analysts, medical record reviewers, health policy experts, pharmacists, coding professionals, claims analysts, auditors, programmers, systems analysts, web technology experts and healthcare communications specialists. IPRO also retains a network of more than 300 board-certified physician consultants.