To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1776 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Conference Services
RAND Corporation • Santa Monica, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the Conference Services Senior Manager, the Conference Services Manager will direct arrange and organize internal and external business-related functions such as conferences and meetings in all RAND offices. The successful candidate will direct the activities of Conference Services staff in Washington, Pittsburgh and Boston offices. Must have the ability to effectively interact with high level executives and guests as well as front line staff who work in support of high-level meetings and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of on and off-site events, meetings, conferences and event; e.g., transportation, communication, catering, staffing facilities support, etc.
- Supervise Conference Services staff who provide daily logistical support of all meetings and events in all RAND offices
- Day-to-day oversight of Main Street Building cafe and catering operations and catering services for all other offices.
- Communicates clearly and often with Conference Services Senior Manager about all aspects of personnel, procedures, purchasing, strategy and other departmental concerns.
- Collects, develops, and maintains department metrics and develops procedures to ensure quality service and solutions across all aspects of Conference Services
- Leads continuous improvement process efforts to refine and improve internal procedures and processes
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum 6 years related experience, 10 years preferred
- Experience supervising staff
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time off site
Must be able to obtain a security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
RAND is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity