Assists with daily living activities at the person's home, in a daytime non-residential facility or a residential facility. Observes and monitors clients’ behavior and charts observations and incidents. Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to consumers. Assists with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license required.
1. Assists with the development of an individual service/treatment plan for each assigned consumer/student
a. Provides appropriate input in developing and maintaining a network of community contacts.
b. Provides appropriate input in strategy or review staffing and committees to facilitate linkages and communication.
c. Provides appropriate information and/or input in meetings pertaining to case management and/or case collaboration.
2. Cares for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles
a. Attends seminars and meetings when available.
b. Maintains a continuing education program by attending in-service training when scheduled.
c. Maintains knowledge by reading up-to-date articles, books, etc.
3. Counsels and advises clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems
a. Operates personal or state vehicle and observes all safety laws and agency procedures.
b. Maintains a valid and appropriate license to operate their assigned vehicle.
c. Reports any vehicle problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
d. Transports, or makes arrangements to transport, patient/client/consumer to appointments within organization or to community support services in a timely manner.
4. Observes and monitors client behavior
5. Participates in case reviews, consulting with the team to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services
6. Performs housekeeping duties, such as cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands
7. Plans, organizes and conducts in-service training for staff
8. Plans, shops for, and prepares meals, including special diets, and assists families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals
9. Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor
10. Provides transportation for clients/residents to appointments and activities
11. May be shadowed by peers on the job