Behavioral Health Management firm seeks HR & Recruitment Manager part-time OR full-time (25-40 hrs/wk) to support outpatient medical group. This position is based out of the headquarters located in Pleasanton CA. The HR Manager supports the clinics by providing quality talent management throughout the clinics and corporate office. If the HR Mgr prefers a part-time position the manager could oversee a partime HR Assistant. Pathways to Wellness Clinics are community based mental health clinics serving a largely Medi-cal population through a recovery-based, team model that includes the prescriber, nurse, care coordinator, and medical office assistants. This position requires solid recruiting and human resources skills. Certification of PHR or SPHR is REQUIRED. Behavioral healthcare recruiting experience is strongly preferred.
Must be able to travel to clinics at least once every other month.
POSITION: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the direction and administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department; to include HR program development, as well as management and administration of compensation & benefits. Recruitment and talent management and employee relations is a large part of the hours per week.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- In collaboration with the Executive Team, develops and implements strategic Human Resources goals and directions.
- Under the direction of the CEO, develops and assures the implementation of employee compensation and benefits programs.
- Assures compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Periodically reviews compensation ranges for internal and market consistency; recommends range adjustments as needed.
- Manages merit increases and rate adjustment processes.
- Periodically reviews benefit offerings, research new benefit plans, makes recommendations regarding plan changes/additions and oversees the implementation of new or changed plan offerings.
- In collaboration with the CEO, manages employee benefit broker relations and oversees the annual benefit insurance renewal process.
- Assures compliance with ERISA, 550 filing, Audits and other benefit compliance regulations.
- Provides oversight of employee relations, assuring that human resources policies and best practices of human resources management are adhered to.
- Provides support in compliance with all current and new employment laws.
- Stays current on State and Federal employment law changes.
- Provides support and assistance in the implementation of new employment law requirements and educates staff to employment law changes as needed.
- Monitors compliance with Human Resources Policies and Procedures, as well as Joint Commission standards and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Develops and submits to the CEO for approval HR Policies and Procedures for organizational approval in areas of responsibility.
- Provides expertise in the development of job descriptions; participates in job audits, reclassifications, and redesigns; assures that job descriptions are current and maintained.
- Assures and oversees the performance planning and review processes, including annual performance reviews, competency reviews; and in consultation with Executive Team, develop performance improvement plans.
- Provides expertise and assistance to employee coaching, counseling and disciplinary processes as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes reasons for separation, and reports on and develops action plans to address identified trends.
- Manages the Workers Compensation annual policy renewal process.
- Manages business risk insurance policies, including general and professional liability, property, crime, and directors and officer’s insurance.
- In consultation with the CEO, tracks, leads, and reports on the annual policy renewal process.
- Coordinates responses to claims against the company with the applicable insurance carrier.
- Analyzes selected Human Resources data and prepares routine and requested reports and summaries; makes recommendations and develops action plans based on findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the company mission and goals.