Why Our Client?
Our client is not a typical financial institution – they're better. They’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities they do business in. They love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of their employees say they are a great workplace that is focused on their mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of mobile based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of iOS, Android, Xamarin, .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. They are looking for someone who cares about the code they write and end results.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop, modify, and maintain finance applications or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing member experience, system stability and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of mobile applications to include technical design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex applications.
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Conduct cross-functional code review.
- Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Lead Engineer on projects of a large scope and/or complexity.
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments.
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action.
- Develops custom programs when required.
- Works with Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues.
- Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
- Trains and mentors entry to mid-level Developers and Engineers.
- Trains Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Senior Software Engineer.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with relevant Microsoft Certification, 5+ years of relevant mobile experience building and deploying mobile applications, and you have:
- Prior agile experience required
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft solution stack
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
- Project management experience working as the technology lead on several projects concurrently required
- Familiarity with .NET Standard
- Familiarity with JSON and XML Data Formats
- Familiarity with C# and Xamarin
- Familiarity with MVC, MVVM, and MVP Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Apple iTunes Connect or Google Play Developer Console
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Experience using ALM tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server) or Jira
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and desire and ability to work in a collaborative, cross functional team environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly.
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with release automation desired
- Familiarity with application security concepts and implementations
- Advanced knowledge of REST APIs and consuming them
- Advanced knowledge of UIKit using Objective C or Android Framework
- Familiarity with Client-Server Authentication models
When you’re happy, they’re happy!
As a thank you for joining their team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off