REQUIREMENT: Prefer any degree…there is nobody on the QA team without their Bachelor’s degree.
This candidate will support testing efforts. Need someone who’s hands on with testing, in addition to the processes. Candidates should have the automation testing ability. Not looking for candidates to just do the testing, but they must understand how the processes work with testing.
Currently testing is 80% manual and 20% automated (UFT is used for automation). Testing could be both back end, data validation and front end. Candidate will also need to be able to build test cases & write those as well.
Automation is a new effort. They’re still trying to figure out how much automation programs can handle and still be able to meet milestones.
Responsible for supporting one or more technology projects to completion by working with a Program or Project Manager and both IT and business team members to provide testing support with various activities including facilitating testing meetings, development of process flows, supporting requirement creation, development of test strategy, test cases and other testing documentation.
The QA Analyst will ensure that the requirements, test cases and testing criteria are documented accurately.
• Obtain approvals for test cycle entry/exit
• Work with key stakeholders to improve the processes supported by QA.
• Ensuring testing artifacts (test cases, test results, and test data) are properly archived for future use.
• Support the creation and maintenance of detailed system requirements, including gathering input from various technical teams and business groups
• Support project managers and other team members in creation of necessary project documentation
• Conducting daily testing meeting to track testing progress and defect resolution status
• Provide business analysis and quality assurance assistance to Team Lead with test strategy documentation, test plan creation, coordination of creation of test scenarios/cases/steps.
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify process improvements.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of test cases to support the various business processes and requirements that have been gathered for the project; this may include test cases for unit testing, component and functional testing, system integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing
• Support the creation and maintenance of detailed business requirements, including eliciting requirements from the project stakeholders
• Work with testing team to assist in creation of test scenarios/test cases in approved format.
• Other business and quality analyst duties as needed. Support the creation and maintenance of detailed business process flow documentation, including soliciting input on people, processes and technologies involved in the business process from stakeholders
• Able to provide written examples of business process flow documentation
• Able to provide written examples of business and/or system requirements documentation
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
• Strong at PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint
• Experience in the utility industry is preferred
• Experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) or other automated requirements and test case tracking tools is preferred
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• BS/BA in technical field/business or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in business analysis and/or system analysis spanning all functional areas
Candidate will be required to complete background screening through their supplier. The process can take up to a few weeks and will require the candidate to report to Burlington, KS to complete screening prior to their actual start date. Candidate may be required to travel between Kansas City and Burlington, KS, they will need to provide their own reliable transportation. Mileage will be provided when reporting to other locations than the assigned working location. Manager is seeking qualified candidates that have HANDS ON TESTING experience. Ability to build/write script (UFT, Selenium preferred). This position will include manual and automated processes. Candidate must be comfortable speaking with others and in a clear and concise manner.
- Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.