To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7718 Wood Hollow Drive
Austin, TX 78731
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
THE HT GROUP • Austin, TX
Posted 1 month ago
The HT Group is partnering with one of Austin’s premiere distributors of originally craft-distilled spirits to find a Cost Accountant looking to join an awesome team. If you have top-notch attention to detail, transaction processing experience, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, please apply today!
This position is located in the South Austin area and requires having reliable transportation to and from work. This is an awesome opportunity to work for one of the best companies in Austin.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cost accounting and inventory management. This position will be supporting the production department with expense management process, raw materials inventory management, and the cost accounting function. The individual we are looking for is very team oriented, a proactive and effective communicator, an intuitive problem solver, and has a strong process orientation.
General Duties: The duties below are intended to describe the specific nature and level of duties assigned to this job. May perform other duties as assigned.
Inventory Support: Coordinate and perform cycle counts and excess/obsolete material reviews
- Support the physical inventory, conducting monthly Raw Materials Cycle Counting
- Provide Raw materials usage tracking support and variance analysis
- Support maintenance Operations Indirect Inventory process. Monthly cycle counts, Excess & Obsolete (E&O) inventory analysis and support.
- Reconcile raw materials and indirect materials accounts with G/L and subsidiary ledgers
- Manage defective and damaged material returns and credits processing.
Plant Expense tracking and operational data reporting
- Manage Expense reporting process for department managers. Ensure expenses are reviewed and corrected by managers and cspending process
- Provide spending review and budget comparison for expenses by account or category
- Track volumes, headcount and project results as needed
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Support Accounts Payable process with proper accounting coding
Cost Accounting: Review & update information as needed.
- Coordinate and perform BOM audits
- Ensure proper raw material consumption, Overhead allocations, & Excise Tax allocations
- Review and update Overhead and Labor allocations
Coordinate updates to Financial Policies and procedures
- Write new and update existing financial policies supporting the financial policy process.
- Support the production operations team in policy documentation and compliance
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in production cost and inventory accounting.
- Advanced knowledge with ERP and accounting systems
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a dynamic team which interfaces with staff
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking, problem solving, and analysis
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable