To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
PangeaTwo • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Degree - High School
$13.00 - $15.00/Hour
Other Great Industries
Admin - Clerical
Our client in the Birmingham area is looking for an Office Assistant to add to their busy office. If you have previous experience, excellent computer skills, professional appearance and an awesome attitude, please apply!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Take and distribute accurate messages
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Coordinate messenger and courier service
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Fax, scan and copy documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Retrieve information when requested
- Update and maintain internal staff contact lists
- Coordinate and maintain staff administrative records such as staff parking, staff phones and company credit cards
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Keep office area clean and tidy
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous office experience
- Competent computer skills including MS office
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Work management and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail