Sr. Android Mobile Developer
The Sr. Mobile Developer will be responsible for design, development and delivery of Ally native Android mobile applications. The candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must have experience interfacing with product owners as well as internal and external technical teams and resources. Agile development experience is preferred.
The role requires native mobile development experience with Android universal applications and Android watch. Strong technical knowledge, coupled with in depth experience working with REST services, is required.
The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years’ experience developing native Android mobile applications. Experience in a financial services environment is a plus.
· Participate as a member of a mobile development scrum team.
· Become a subject matter expert in the Ally mobile channel.
· Partner with solution architects to leverage industry best practices to design and deliver high quality mobile applications.
· Escalate issues to senior management early, before they create significant impact to a project/release.
· Review and approve all mid-level design documentation.
· Ensure that detail design documentation is competed, reviewed, and approved, as required.
· Conduct or participate in code review sessions to ensure quality and performance.
· Support the system integration and user acceptance testing resources. Provide timely defect analysis, remediation, and reporting.
· Review security testing reports/results and remediate potential vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
· Stay abreast of emerging technologies or trends that could impact the mobile channel.
· Design, develop and implement cohesive, highly-usable features and improvements to our existing native Android applications.
· Design and develop new native mobile applications, as required.
· Experience with performance and memory tuning tools.
· Experience in implementing unit tests.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT.
· Strong knowledge of RXAndroid, Material Design, Retrofit, REST APIs, JSON.
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing Android mobile native applications using Java and Kotlin.
· Minimum one year experience working with SCRUM or Agile development environment is preferred.
· Experience translating product requirements into design specifications.
· Proficient understanding of Gradle scripts and Maven
Debugging and problem-solving skills.
· Understanding of MVP development pattern.
· Ensure quality software is delivered with minimal defects and no go live critical issues. Knowledgeable of unit and automation testing tools
· Understanding of Android native design principles and interface guidelines.
· Work directly with Architects and Product Managers to ensure quality solutions for all projects are being successfully delivered on time.
· BS in computer science or related area.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
(586) 422 1159
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Android Mobile Developer
- Material Design
- Acceptance Testing
- Design Specifications