To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- PORT WENTWRTH, GA 31407
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Cybersystems, Inc. (ACS Group) • PORT WENTWRTH, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: NC Engineer III
Location: Savannah, GA 31407
Duration: 06 Months
- NC Engineer under minimal supervision, performs activities related to complex numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
- Strong 5-axis programming background in CATIA V5.
- Master Cam knowledge preferred.
- Vericut Knowledge preferred.
- NC Engineer conducts a thorough analysis of engineering drawings, tool design drawings, and/or electronic models, to determine the optimal machining methods, selection of machine tool, and material cut size.
- Interact with planners, tool designers, engineering, and customers as required, to finalize plan.
- Develop cutter motion logic per operation sequence, selecting proper spindle speeds and feed rates.
- Perform a thorough check on all aspects of the program and verify cutter paths through the utilization of Vericut.
- Develop operator set-up sheets for numerical control machines.
- Develop flat pattern mylars and templates as required.
- Produce 2-D Catia tool drawings as required.
- May act as Team Leader as required, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
- NC Engineer assist in training and guiding lower level engineers as needed.
- Assist in formulating Numerical Control policies, procedures, and specifications as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of various machining and drafting methods, technical writing, and computer use.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Must be highly proficient with Catia modeling, drafting, and Catia NC Mill function.
Must have demonstrated expertise and a proven track record in support of company policies and rules, and consistently meeting objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years machining, planning, tool design, or related manufacturing experience to include 2 years of experience as numerical control engineer.