There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
MANAGER, HEALTH & WELFARE COMPLIANCE
This position is responsible for providing overall managerial direction and leadership for healthcare reporting and compliance with federal, state and industry healthcare regulations and standards. Also responsible for developing effective compliance solutions and guiding clients in navigating through the rapidly-evolving areas of benefits compliance.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Provides healthcare reform and other compliance regulations subject matter expertise across the business units to support compliance management and self-monitoring in the business, using training, tools and technology.
- Evaluates the impact of new and changing laws and regulations on current business processes and manages projects to incorporate changes and deploy to clients and employees. Applicable regulations include, but are not limited to, ACA (Affordable Care Act), ACA IRS Reporting, Medicare & CHIP programs, employer-required state reporting, non-discrimination testing and any other regulatory directives.
- Leads annual Applicable Large Employer determination and Variable Hour Employee eligibility determination effort as required under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Produces Forms 1095-C employee statements and files Forms 1094-C and 1095-C with the IRS on behalf of the corporation.
- Manages healthcare reform vendor relationships, facilitating contract negotiations and product renewals.
- Conducts quarterly healthcare compliance audits and initiatives, including guidelines and standardized processes for communication, testing, training, and documentation.
- Manages the staff responsible for reporting and compliance, providing guidance, direction and leadership to the team. Team responsibilities include tracking eligibility for all employees, consulting with clients, monitoring and adhering to state reporting requirements, assessing inbound eligibility verifications, monitoring state-specific waiting periods, and monitoring seasonal classification utilization, and conducting compliance audits as needed.
- Determines group workload, assesses staff needs; interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; conducts performance appraisals, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Maintains working relationships with Legal, sales support and service providers as needed to support compliance functions.
Supervises others: Yes
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration is required. MBA is preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in benefits administration regulatory compliance is required.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience is required.
- Experience with healthcare reform is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
CEBS or CPA designation is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of Professional Employer Organization industry is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of complex legal requirements relating to ERISA, IRC Section 125, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA and Department of Labor compliance regulations.
- In-depth understanding of the complex legal requirements of employee benefits laws and related IRC and DOL regulations. Familiarity with employer-controlled groups and ERISA mandated nondiscrimination testing is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulatory changes, and find practical business and technical solutions to complex problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences, including client key decision makers.
- Human relations skills including effective listening and consensus building. • Public relations skills sufficient to develop and foster relationships with customers, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to organizational and program changes sufficient to work constructively under pressure and cope with ambiguity and setbacks.
- Ability to influence across all functions and levels of an organization.
- Motivated, self-disciplined, and results-oriented in delivering superior service to internal and external customers.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act