The Commercial Credit Analyst will work with the Relationship Managers, its client base and credit underwriting team to evaluate and manage new and ongoing lending relationships by analyzing credit information relating to commercial loans. This position will assist the Commercial Lenders by compiling credit presentations and preparing information for loan committee. This position will also be responsible for analyzing credit, leading credit investigations and provide support for the credit department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze corporate financial statements and tax returns; personal tax returns and personal financial statements.
2. Evaluate business plans and projections obtained from clients as part of a loan request.
3. Summarize information obtained from clients and prepare analyses/loan presentations for new and renewing loan requests. In addition to summarizing financial information collected from the customer, the analyst assesses cash flow, repayment risk, trends, industry characteristics and compliance to policies/ regulatory requirements. Analyses are presented to loan committee and senior management to aid in evaluation and approval and government agencies or participating partners when required.
4. Complete servicing and loan monitoring functions such as tracking accounts receivable and accounts payable, reviewing monthly borrowing base reports, performing floor plan checks, and reviewing past-due and overdraft lists.
5. Prepare SBA and USDA Rural Development analyses and applications, acquire information for the applications, prepare documents for the sale of guaranteed loans, and complete various reports required by the respective agencies.
6. Assist relationship managers with the acquisition of information, structuring of credit solutions, closing of loans, completion of servicing actions, and any other required duties. Understand all aspects of the customer relationship, including sales opportunities, deposits/Treasury Management, and wealth management.
7. Review and in some cases prepare documents and assist other departments in the follow-up of missing documentation.
8. Organize and purge credit and collateral files of credits analyzed.
9. Provide participants with requested information, including financial statements, appraisals, environmental audits, and any other required information.
10. Assist with the development and implementation of credit policies.
11. Develop sales skills by observing relationship managers, involvement in sales meetings and/or sales calls, and utilizing internal or external training resources.
12. Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of banking regulations related to assigned job function. Complete and/or ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with bank policies and Federal Regulation. Complete required compliance and job specific training. Familiarity and adherence of all Bank Secrecy Act requirements including the ability to identify and properly report fraudulent and suspicious loan activity.
13. Performs other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the CCO. Works closely with employees and customers. Has regular access to highly confidential customer and employee information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or 3+ years related experience in a field requiring similar skills. Fundamental knowledge of basic credit policies and government regulations. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, intermediate MS Excel experience with the ability to make effective presentations in a group setting and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be able to analyze urgent situations, prioritize the needs of the situation and remediate situations while not interrupting the daily work flow. Must possess: courteous and professional customer service attitude; technical ability to input and retrieve computerized information; exceptional organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting professionally with customers and relating to other employees; ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and Bank information; ability to deal effectively with time pressures, stress and multi-tasking that can change hourly depending on level of customer activity; effective problem solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Hometown Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.