To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Coding Specialist
FOJP Service Corporation • New York, NY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FOJP Service Corporation has an exciting Claim Coder position available in their NYC office!
This position is responsible for submitting reports to NYS DOH with accurate ICD codes in order to ensure compliance with NYS regulations. In addition, prepare case summaries and payment information to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) within 30 days of payment for claims made against any insured. Claim coding needs to meet departmental and organizational standards which is used for data analysis and statistical purposes.
- Analyze medical malpractice claims by identifying issues, events, diagnosis and procedures that resulted in the action. Prepare summary and assign the appropriate ICD codes that apply to the case.
- Review claims to formulate a synopsis of facts and collaborate with claims examiners regarding the synopsis as needed.
- Make corrections to NPDB draft reports sent for physician review.
- Submit approved reports to NPDB, and NYS Education Department in a timely fashion.
- Interact with claims staff, attorneys and physicians regarding reports on an as needed basis.
- Retrieve and collect physician background info from various resources for reports.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensures loss coding is completed for CMS reporting (4Xs/year).
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college education preferred
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Proficient in both ICD-9 & ICD-10 diagnosis/procedure coding. Coding certification required.
- Strong writing skills also required for preparing case summaries.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a high volume of information and multi-task.
- Attention to details and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 2 years or more of inpatient medical record coding.
- Medical billers with CPT coding need not apply.
FOJP Service Corporation is one of the largest insurance and risk management organizations in the country and a leader in the risk management community. Since 1977, FOJP has administered property and casualty insurance programs for a group of major hospitals, long-term care facilities, and social service agencies in the metropolitan New York area. Some of the city’s most important and highly regarded academic medical centers – and more than 10,000 physicians –participate in FOJP’s professional liability insurance program, the first of its kind in the nation.
As risk management advisor to its clients, FOJP has a deep interest in initiatives to reduce patient injury and improve clinical outcomes. FOJP systematically collects and analyzes data on incidents, losses, and claims; help identify potential hazards; investigates adverse patient incidents; and provides claims administration and litigation management services. Through publications, seminars, education, and training courses, the company helps health care professionals respond to new developments in medicine and insurance regulation.
FOJP offers countless career opportunities and an environment which fosters professional advancement and success. Visit www.fojp.com to learn more about our company.
FOJP is an equal opportunity employer.