Join our team of professionals in a progressive environment! The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is currently seeking an HR professional with a strong human resources background. Critical thinking skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships are a must. This position requires a flexible, creative, solution-focused, customer-service driven, and energetic business professional.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Human Resource Specialist, Senior and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI); multiple savings plans and optional 401K; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
Example of Duties
- Acts as a business partner to leadership and provides advice and counsel regarding employee relations issues, civil rights, recruitment, and performance management.
- Provides consultation to employees regarding human resources issues.
- Investigates HR issues and provides consultation and recommendations in concert with legal counsel and other HR professionals.
- Develops and conducts training in human resource and staff development areas.
- Provides consultation on employment laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
Apply on-line by 7/14/19 to be considered.
- Good knowledge of human resource administration.
- Good knowledge of equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining laws or rules.
- Experience researching and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews.
Training And Development