To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
- John Pierce
- Phone: 301-644-5510
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
User Interface (UI) Developer - Angular
Talascend • Herndon, VA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Talascend is currently seeking a User Interface Developer - Angular for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Herndon, VA.
The User Interface (UI) Developer will perform analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of Client web-based application programs. The Developer assists the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications, and offers expertise regarding methods, standards and technical considerations for software applications. The UI Developer works in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal incumbent has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about engineering end-to-end technical solutions. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
Note: We are seeking two Developers. The intent is that the two UI Developers will be working closely together and will frequently be working on the same project. Initially, both developers will be working on our Transcript Services (TS) team but will transition into another service line, Verification Services (VS).
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Create and maintain technical and knowledgebase documentation.
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
- Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
- Position may be required to perform other duties as required.
These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 4-7 years of experience within IT, with 2+ years’ of experience building component-based front-ends using Angular with Typescript.
- Interacting with third-party APIs, RESTful web services and developing Java based applications.
- Agile methodology and working with Agile development teams.
- Providing production support in an application development environment.
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (crop, resize, and image adjustments).
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility (WCAG1/2) and usability.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and independently.
- Strong analytical, communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work to effectively on team.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
- Proficiency with modern frameworks such as React, Redux, Backbone, etc.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Experience with user-centric design.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Working knowledge of:
- UNIX/Linux servers and scripting.
- Full Stack Spring and Hibernate.
- XML and Web Service application development.
- Working in large data centric application environment and detailed understanding business tier. modeling, data flows, data architecture and real-time/batch based processing.
- Proficiency with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them, and the practical application of SEO and browser-side performance considerations.
- Use of a computer terminal and/or laptop computer for 8 or more hours a day.
- Use of a copy machine, and telephone.
- Frequently required to sit for 7 or more hours per day in close proximity to others in an open office environment.
- Occasionally required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, and reach.
- Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional work after hours and weekends when needed.
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment (team room setting).