Would you like to be a part of an industry-leading team? We are an award-winning packaging company that has been in business for over 120 years. We are viewed as a world leader in the packaging industry. We are looking to add a manufacturing professional to our team. We are an essential business, and through our continued growth, an opportunity has opened up to join one of the most established and highly regarded businesses in the area. Rise With us .
As the Manufacturing Technician / Utility Professional, you will operate lining and molding equipment assigned by the supervisor. You will properly perform order, color and material changes, and machine start-ups/shutdowns. You’ll also be responsible for routine inspection and cleaning of the machines. This is a regulated environment, and you will be following GMP, food safety guidelines, and be expected to adhere to all plant safety measures, as this is a Safety Sensitive Position within our organization.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform order changes and enter startup and shutdown into the ERP system.
- Verify raw materials and make certain they comply with work requirements.
- Performs color changes and notifies supervisor of color change status.
- Informs supervisor/lead of substandard production quality.
- Check material status and ensure all required materials are on hand to perform your duties successfully.
- Sample and visually inspect production hourly. Record and quality issues accordingly and put the product on hold by entering process corrections when necessary.
- Responsible for making sure machine sensors and guards are operating properly. And notify the supervisor or lead of any machine problems.
- Document any machine problems and fill out maintenance requests accordingly.
· Check that the machine sensors are working properly.
· Make production boxes using the box maker or using a tape gun. Load the box maker with boxes, stack boxes onto the cart, and disperse them throughout Plant as needed. Place empty boxes on pallets near the machines.
· Determine the amount and types of cartons to be placed on skids and other special requirements (e.g., places slip sheets on skids); reads specifications listed on the manufacturing work order.
· Shakedown and tape full production boxes, lift boxes onto a cart, and places them on the conveyor line.
· Discard scrap in bailer and change the bailer when its full.
· Maintain a clean work area around the box maker.
· Remove gaylords of resin and barrels of color from inventory and moves them to designated areas using a lift truck.
· Set up rolls on stands to grind.
· Pull gaylords of re-grinders and order gaylords.
· Cleans work area
· Leave empty gaylords for the following shift to use.
· Watch production and inform the supervisor of any problems.
· Visually check the part quality by inspecting caps coming off the line.
· Sweeps around and under machines; places scrap in the appropriate containers; keeps conveyor belt clean.
· Re-starts machines; turns off machine alarms
· Initial, label, and insert bags into cartons. Place cartons on the conveyor or scale.
· Remove full cartons from conveyors and move to the staging area. Shakedown boxes as needed.
· Relieve other operators during breaks.
· Completes necessary documentation (e.g., tracking sheet) for each assigned machine and its corresponding order, (using a computer and/or hard copy).
· Un-jam spinner bowls and remove jammed caps.
· Weigh and record scrap.
We are looking for an individual with a consistent work history that would welcome the opportunity to grow with an organization. Someone that wants to seize the opportunity to be trained and be developed professionally and work for a company with over a century of history in the marketplace. If you are that someone who is looking for more than a job and looking for a career, apply today.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)