Great Team! Family focused (work/life balance) environment!
Fantastic Home Care RN leadership oppportunity. Fulltime scheduled days include Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon. Would consider Part time (Fri/Sat/Sun) 30 hours too! Apply Today! Great Team and inclusive, family focused environment!
ummary - The Manager is responsible for the overall direction and supervision of clinical staff including RNs and LPN’s in the delivery of direct clinical services to designated Lifetime Care patients. This responsibility includes participation in the recruitment, training and orientation of new staff in the performance of their duties. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that multidisciplinary patient care is delivered in an effective, efficient manner.
• Creates an environment that encourages teamwork, positive attitudes, and high morale.
• Faces challenges with resolve.
• Makes decisions with confidence and in support of the agencies mission and goals.
• Works with others to develop appropriate plans for company operations. Coordinates patient service needs to provide continuity in 24-hour coverage.
• Works in conjunction with Home Care Plus managers to assure continuity of care from acute to chronic needs
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and administrative practices of the agency.
• Participates in review and revision of existing policies for continued accuracy and appropriateness.
• Participates in preparation and review of departmental budgeting.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the agency structure, systems and processes.
• Conducts business and operations meetings and submits required reports in a professional and timely manner
• Maintains updated knowledge of community resources and ensures direct reports utilize resources appropriately.
• Participates in on-call as needed.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities of the team.
• Ensures workflow processes are timely and cost-effective.
• Ensures compliancy with Federal, and State, regulations, as well as agency policies and procedures.
• Ensures fiscally responsible delivery of patient care following established olicies and procedures.
• Ensures staff attendance case conferences and IDTs.
• Holds regularly scheduled team meetings
• Ensures quality patient care delivery.
• Participates in Performance Improvement process of agency and monitors staff compliance.
• Ensures that all patients are assigned a Professional Home Visitor (PHV) for follow up in a timely manner. Manages workload and productivity of assigned staff.
• Regularly reviews staff clinical visits documentation to ensure that appropriate care is documented and is in compliance with federal, state and/or agency documentation requirements. • Participates in the Quality Assurance programs, as required.
• Disseminates appropriate information regarding P/P changes to staff.
• Responsible for ensuring that appropriate utilization guidelines/practice standards are followed by nurses.
Development of People
• In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, interviews and evaluates staff assigned to the team.
• Ensures staff comply with mandated orientation and education.
• Fosters an environment that ensures staff is knowledgeable/demonstrates competency and service excellence.
• Motivates staff to fulfill their maximum potential.
• Assists staff in identifying their developmental goals and ensures they have regular annual performance assessments.
• Coaches/counsels and takes appropriate action when policy or professional standards are not met.
• Assists in the development and implementation of orientation, training and activities for clinical staff, as needed. Performs at least one supervisory visit per calendar year.
• Exemplifies excellent customer relations and ensures service excellence of his/her staff.
• Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relations with other leaders, colleagues, direct reports and customers
• Ensures that confidentiality P & P are followed.
• Works both Intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally toward the achievement of agency goals.
• Investigates and responds to complaints.
• Participates in local, state, and national associations activities as related to home health.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’
mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
• A valid New York State RN license is required, along with a Bachelors degree from an accredited school and at least 2 year’s experience as a professional home visitor in a certified home health agency (CHHA) or equivalent professional experience in a related capacity.
• An AAS in nursing with at least 3 years of Community Health RN experience will be considered.
• A Master’s Degree in Community Health Nursing is preferred. Working knowledge of community health nursing practices and resources is required.
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Must have ability to travel.
Ability to travel as necessary in order to offer support for on-site visits to patients, training, and/or off-site meetings.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse socio-economic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer