SOUTHERN ARIZONA AIDS FOUNDATION
FISCAL GRANTS MANAGER
Scope of Work: The Fiscal Grants Manager is responsible for processing grant and contract billings
and managing the oversight of the financial aspects of the billings, including but not limited to,
communication with funders, site visits, budget modifications, and compliance. The Fiscal Grants
Manager serves as a strategic business partner within the finance team responsible for providing
financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting while collaborating with the Director of
Finance and other department managers/Directors. The Fiscal Grants Manager position is a full time,
no more than 40 hours/work week non-exempt position.
* Work with program staff and finance team to complete, review, and submit monthly billings
* Work with program managers/directors on budget monitoring, reporting, and processing
allocation changes and reclassifications
* Perform various operational accounting tasks, including but not limited to, check request and
credit card request review and approval, distribution code updates, and adjusting journal
* Ensure accurate and timely grant accounting services and reporting
* Monitor accounts receivable balances and follow up with funders for collections
* Maintain and report on the monthly activity for temporarily restricted funds
* Conduct reconciliations of program records and reports to financial accounting records
* Collect, research, analyze and report various financial data as needed
* Communicate with funders regarding billing inquiries, backup documents, and site visits
* Maintain and update quarterly expense allocations
* Attend planning meetings with program staff and management
* Provide training to staff on various financial matters including a general understanding of
finance, budgets, coding and check requests
* Assist in the preparation of work papers for annual audit
* Act as support to the Director of Finance in providing guidance and support to the finance
team and agency staff members
* Work with Director of Finance to review and analyze finance processes, policies and procedures
for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Report to the Director of Finance
* 2 years' experience preparing or managing billings or budgets for grants or contracts.
* Strong understanding of accounting concepts, with an ability to generate adjustments.
* Demonstrated success performing fiscally related grant processes (billings, adjustments, budget
modifications, projections, reporting)
* Ability to organize and prioritize work, perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines, identify and
resolve problems and coordinate efforts with other staff members.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to see correlations between specific transactions and
* Ability to identify and correct errors / omissions through a review of accounting ledgers,
balances and summary reports.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Positive attitude, solution-oriented and willingness to collaborate with team members and agency
staff to identify issues and develop solutions.
* Have access to reliable transportation, a valid AZ Driver's License and a driving record that
will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
* 3 years as a grant specialist, contract manager, billing preparer, or equivalent.
* Experience working in a nonprofit organization
* Experience with Abila Accounting Software.
* Self-motivator who can work autonomously.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
Compensation: Starting range of $21.62 - $26.49/hour, DOE. Benefits include health, dental, and life
insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance, 401k w/match.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and
phone numbers of three professional references to the Director of HR, Southern Arizona AIDS
Foundation, 375 S. Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85719, email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Fiscal Grants Manager or visit www.saaf.org. Open
Affirmative Action: The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
People who use (or used to use) drugs, current or former sex workers, people of color, women,
members of the LGBTQIA communities, those who have experienced housing insecurity, people who have
received harm reduction services, and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Manage new and existing grants by tracking grants
- Manage audits and reviews of grants and grants management
- Analyze expenditures for project grants
- Develop plans to comply with all grant requirements prepared grant by grant
- Perform duties related to foundation grants
- Develop and maintain grant funding
- Submit grants to granting agency
- Prepare official documentation for funding of grants
- Monitor and analyze donor grants
- Evaluate existing grants to determine if funded grants are achieving intended program outcomes
- Manage grants from proposal to closeout
- Update relevant databases such as grants
- Develop and maintain a grants calendar
- Oversee and manage grants & contracts
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements
- Evaluate progress of funded grants and contracts
- Maintain control of all grant vouchering deadlines for all grants in the department
- Close out for currently active community grants
- Analyze the grant deliverables with funding agency
- Manage a team of professional grants management staff