Purpose of Job:
Accountable for accurate documentation, loading, discharging, receiving, and dispatching cargo and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive, greet, and direct customers and visitors as needed.
2. Proper delivery of cargo ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements based on Customer Service releases.
3. Update hazardous information in TOS and release Hazardous cargo to the vessels in compliance with all Hazmat CFR regulations and procedures.
4. Handle reefer temperature discrepancies.
5. Communicate with governmental agencies for inspections and hold/ releases.
6. Handle inbound cargo in & out of terminal and validate forms with Customs.
7. Collect /process credit card payments.
8. Troubleshoot Gate and Resolution Center issues/ paperwork discrepancies.
9. Assist in maintaining accurate, up to date UIIA trucker database in TOS.
10. Assist in handling customer’s claims for autos.
11. Coordinate and assign equipment for Yard Transfers and update the system accordingly.
12. Understanding and producing of the following reports: DCM Report, Hot Hatch, Did not Sail, Finals, Booked vs Actual, Terminal Priority, Trucker Turn Time
13. Complies and maintains shipped livestock records ensuring compliance.
14. Receive and forward to proper departments NB import forms that require customs validation, hold data from governmental agencies, and to notify port personnel on special handling (ex. Flat racks, tanks, vehicle removal from containers, USDA holds, special releases for shipments that have to go off terminal for inspections.)
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned, unless in conflict with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3. Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality, Environmental, and Safety ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certifications
Close supervision; work is regulated or supervised thoroughly, but not continuously; follows established methods and procedures, refers exceptions to supervisory personnel.
Mistakes and errors in judgment are moderate in nature and expensive to correct, usually limited to one department or phase of work.
Disclosure of Information Selections:
This position involves work with some information that should be safeguarded, but the full importance is not apparent, or the effect of any disclosure would be negligible.
Financial Responsibility Selections:
No authority to commit funds for the organization
● Experience with Regulatory agencies preferred
● Minimum of 2 years of experience in transportation related business required
● Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet skills required
● Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred
● Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills
● Associate’s Degree or above in related field or related equivalent work experience preferred
● Hazardous certified and VSO/ FSO, CTL, CPE designation preferred.
Physical Requirements of the Position -
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Visual Requirements of the Position:
Visual requirement equal to that for clerical administrative whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, etc.
TOTE MARITIME PUERTO RICO, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER