Tired of making the drive into Atlanta daily? How about a reverse commute? Repeat client in Conyers is looking to hire a recent grad in a corporate accounting role.
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for entering and examining accounting records to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This role will participate in all activities involving multiple Corporate general ledgers, including accounting for cash and financing activities, account reconciliations, accounts payable, and the allocation of centralized costs to the Company’s operating units.
The Corporate Accountant must maintain timely internal deadlines, perform general ledger account analysis and collaborate with peers to assist with special projects.
A strong understanding of GAAP and attention to detail are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare journal entries according to established schedules.
• Maintain an organized electronic filing environment for select accounting transactions.
• Support financial statement consolidation and preparation.
• Perform reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
• Review, investigate, and correct inconsistencies in financial entries.
• Assist in the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required.
• Broad knowledge and experience in general accounting concepts.
• Advance spreadsheet skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, lookups, etc.).
• Two or more years of accounting experience preferred.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles